|Tour:||Overnight Machu Picchu By Train|
|Duratión:||2 Days - 1 Night|
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes:
In order to give you enough time to enjoy the breathtaking scenery, we will leave Cusco early in the morning (at approx. 08:15am) where you will go to Ollantaytambo to take an early train to Aguas Calientes. This journey to Aguas Calientes will take approximately 4 hours (2 hours bus and 2 hours train), during which you can enjoy the stunning views of Peruvian landscapes. Once you arrive and check into the accommodation, you will have time to enjoy lunch. You have different options for how to spend your afternoon in Aguas Calientes including visiting the hotsprings. This evening, the guide will meet you at your accommodation to give you a briefing and review the schedule for the next day.
*We advise you to go to bed early because day 2 will start very early.
Day 2: Aguas calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco:
To be able to enjoy the beautiful sunrise above the sanctuary of Machu Picchu you can choose to take the earliest bus around 5:30am (however this can be discussed with your guide the evening prior). Upon arrival, we offer you a historical guided tour to discover more about the site, life and culture of its inhabitants.
After the guided tour, the guide will explain to you what time you should return in order to catch your train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. You will have plenty of time to visit Machu Picchu on your own after the tour. For those who are looking for the best pictures of the site, we offer the option of climbing up Waynapicchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain (when available).
*Extra Hikes in Machu Picchu- These extra hiking options can take approximately 1.5-3 hours to go up and down depending on your speed. (If you would like to do this, please inform us during the booking as places are limited and tickets must be bought in advance).
After your day in Machu Picchu, you will then have to walk down to Aguas calientes (approx. 40-60 min) where you will need to board your train at the appropriate time (as indicated on your ticket). This train will take you to Ollantaytambo where our transport will pick you up to bring you to Cusco (with the drop off point at the Plaza San Francisco).
- Transport Cusco to train station to Cusco.
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- One night standard hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus to Machu Picchu (one-way).
- Professional guide in English.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain ($20).
- Admission ticket to Waynapicchu ($20).
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes ($15).
- Entrance fee to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes.
What You Should Bring:
- Original passport.
- Small backpack.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate (i.e. trekking trousers and trekking shoes).
- Rain poncho.
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag).
- Snacks (chocolate, protein bars etc.).
- Extra money in soles.
- Positive mind!
Book your trip now Inquire